RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 02:31 AM
sjhanc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have any kit building experience at all you would not have any problems correcting the issues you MIGHT find with this particular ARF. After getting the plane past the first flight and experiencing its slow speed handling in both take off and landings and its rock solid high speed characteristics (NO tendency to tip stall out of high G maneuvers like some other brand's P-51 models do), you will quickly forget the assembly issues as this plane becomes your GO-TO plane for every day flying for fun.

As far as the problems are concerned, myself and the other pilots and builders who post here will be more than glad to offer advice, and pictures, of the solutions that will get you past any difficult assembly issues.

Don't miss out on the best FLYING Warbird you are EVER likely to have control of just because it may be more difficult to assemble. While it is true that I may have had more than my share of assembly problems with its wing, I, and many others who have built the other brand's P-51 model were all discouraged by the necessity to rebuild its wing before it could handle a PERFECT landing without have its landing gear collapse or even lose a wing panel in flight. That P-51 model has been on the market since the 90's and its manufacturer STILL has not admitted that there is any problem with their design or taken ANY steps to correct its issues. The sole kit upgrade has been substitution of a hardwood wing joiner for the piece-of-crap wing joiner that was supplied with the early production runs. After losing a wing panel destroyed my first TF GS Mustang, I bought another of the ARF version and paid a cabinet shop $50 to make me a duplicate wing joiner out of hardwood only to have that plane break its fuselage in half due to poor structural design.

I devised structural mods for the TF Mustang and went on to own and build 7 of them. If you like (as I do) to take part in warbird gaggle flights at events you will quickly see the performance advantage over all other warbirds.