RCU Forums - View Single Post - All New KingTech EPO Jets, by HSD
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the delay. And yes, the APP is available from Apple (free). It utilizes climate information from either a commercial or military source to accurately determine the density altitude close by (in my case Luke AFB) or; as I choose, another location that I simply type in. I realize that the average modeler could care less about air density, but it sure helps to predict what the roll out or sink rate is going to be on my F-16 or F-18. Another comfort level on a very hot day at altitude with an airframe that has little jet wings.

Now, I've had the chance to really wring out my Navy Viper and still reiterate it flies a lot like the old Carare (Yes, I'm dating myself). The Navy scheme is very easy to see, it rolls very well, and it doesn't care if it's straight and level or inverted. On point rolls it needs a bit more starboard rudder than port, thus the connection to the Curare. BTW, my Tiporare didn't show that tendency-thanks Dick Hanson. And yes, I still wish I had one to fly. The foam Viper is a real treat. Again, put it in the car, go fly it and listen to the folks comment about the smoke; "Wow, the foamy smokes, and it ain't the ESC burning up". Good job on this one Barry and Dirk. Keep 'em coming.

Chris Balling