RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Laser?
Thread: Club Laser?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 150 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
Thanks TS, I have been perusing your site and saw the price of the .70 as 180.00 of your pounds or $222.00. Is it possible for you to give an approximate quote of the shipping to the US. PM if too private. Thanks, Dave
Hobbsy, Dave, I fear that you may be labouring under a misapprehension.

Firstly, I have no connection with Laser Engines other than being the owner of several Laser engines, all but three of which were bought secondhand. I am also an enthusiast for the marque though I am ashamed to say that none of my Laser engines are currently fitted to a model.

The contact at Laser Engines is Jonathan (Jon) Harper. As you doubtless know, Laser Engines is part of AGC Sales, a general engineering firm, and was set up in the Eighties by Neil Tidey. I believe that Neil has now retired and the entire production of Laser engines is now carried out by Jon though I believe that he has recently acquired an apprentice to help out. Jon posts as Carosel 43 on this thread.

Thirdly, Telemaster Sales UK was a hobby-business which I set up in 2008. I sold over 60 Telemaster kits to enthusiasts from as far afield as Serbia in the East, Ireland in the West, Scotland in the North and South Africa in the South and had a waiting list when I closed the business down a few years later. The reason for this change was that the management of my supplier changed hands and refused to sell me any more kits unless I paid far more for shipping than had been the case in the past when I had only paid the standard US Mail prices. So much for the much vaunted sense of American business enterprise! On the other hand, the enterprise concerned was selling so much more product to the American market than to the rest of the world, it probably felt that it could afford to concentrate on home sales. If I had the IT skills to be able change my handle on this site I would, but I'm an old grammar school boy!

If you'd like to know the shipping costs of a new Laser 70, I suggest that you contact Jonathan at http://www.laserengines.com/ for a price. I don't think that it would be that expensive and as the pound has weakened against the dollar post Brexit, you could get yourself a bargain!

A Happy New Year to all Laser lovers and Happy Landings Everybody!

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 01-06-2017 at 10:50 PM.