RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Health? Mixed messages from EC over last six months
Old 01-12-2017, 01:26 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VP from my region denied the request to provide a copy of the "membership report" and "powerpoint presentation" that were presented in open session at the 12 Nov 2016 EC meeting. I just submitted the following formal request directly to AMA via the "ask AMA feature."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am requesting a copy of the 'membership report' and the 'Power Point presentation' mentioned in the EVP Report section of the 12 November 2016 Executive Committee minutes. These same minute clearly indicate these were NOT presented in Executive Session.

So that you can identify the items requested by this member, they were described in the minutes as follows: "A membership report was handed out; the EVP felt the report was critical in Council’s thinking strategically. He believes that Council will rally around the newly elected President and he is dedicated to working with Council to accomplish this. A Power Point presentation followed."

Again, I stress that these were presented in open session. I am unaware of any bylaw or rule that allows information presented in open session to be denied to members. If such bylaw or rule exists, and if this request is denied, please provide that rule."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will advise if and when I receive a response.

F