RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Model Sbach 342 1.20 GP/EP ARF 65.5"
Old 01-12-2017, 07:16 PM
RKH_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver.kiwi
It seems that every one requires adding some weight and the pull/pull rudder system helps because it moves the rudder servo forward. I even moved the throttle servo forward alongside the fuel tank on the right side and the battery on the left side of the tank. Even doing that I. still needed to add 14 oz. of lead under the OS 120 Surpass for proper CG location. After all that I still love the way the plane flys. It is one of the most stable, predictable aircraft I have flown and has plenty of excess performance to do any aerobics I am capable of asking it to do. Fear not, you're going to like it unless you are into extreme 3D. I am not.
Thanks so much!! That does make me feel better :-) I am not into hardcore 3D. What servos did you end up going with? Seems that my Graupner MZ-24 Pro (maybe all radios) will not allow me to use 5 digital and 1 analog without having to switch them all to analog or running risk of damaging the analog servo if run as digital. What's best? If weight is that much of an issue could I not go with the DLE-30?

Last edited by RKH_Pilot; 01-13-2017 at 01:58 AM.