RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOPRC/GatorRC P-51 Mustang 89"
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 05:25 PM
N99JH
My Feedback: (66)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
i hope you haven't taken my posts as saying the plane is crappy, it's not by a long run. I think the split in my vertical was the result of shipping.

The quality is light years ahead ahead of most ARF's on the market today. I own just about every TF GS warbird and had the H9 Corsair (junk). This plane is in a whole different class from everything else on the market except maybe Comparf.
NO, I absolutely did not take your comments as suggesting that the kit is crappy - it is my own observation thus far. I think that a split fin and broken windshield are perhaps a mark of shoddy workmanship and possibly inferior materials. I think that any manufacturer who tries to offer sort off Comparf quality at about 2/5 the price, is bound to have to cut some corners in order to eek out a profit that will justify staying in business???
Just my 2c.
Don't get me wrong, I placed an order because I thought that this could be a great deal, especially after I had a $168 coupon but they keep pushing delivery further and further South. I just checked the latest update on Tower Hobbies site and now it is pushed to late March. I am starting to get a feeling that they are deliberately trying to encourage people on back order to cancel.
Again, just my 2c.