RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ironically.....
Thread: Ironically.....
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Ironically.....

....The timing was...... unusual to say the least. The public announcement of Open Panzer with my own decision. That discussion was very interesting....

I was going to wait until a little later this month but circumstances just dictate otherwise; this is late(r) enough.....

I have decided, in going forward, to no longer sell tank electronics, in my case specifically the IBU product line. I have already informed Ivano of this decision.

Understand this, I want to be perfectly clear. This in no way a reflection on the product which I personally think is one of the best of breed or its manufacturer Ivano. It is purely me. While I have striven to do right by my customers I just don't have the time to focus on the demands of this aspect of the business. Customers deserve a completely dedicated customer support which I can no longer provide

I enjoy 1/16 scale and all the myriad of developments( I must have some 40 1/16 scale models) in it and the electronics aspect is nothing short of amazing. That all said 1/10 scale is where I live, odd scale out, waste of time, loner scale, whattheheck scale, engineering scale; it's been called many things over the years- not all complimentary- but it remains my deepest interest in this hobby.

I do for the remainder of much of this year still have a full time day job. I have been a software developer since the very early 1980s and working for the same company for 45 years. Hand in hand with development is trouble shooting and resolving customer issues; of this I have had much experience and have done it quite enough! I plan to retire this year, it is time. I hope, with whatever time I have left to enjoy my hobbies, friends and music. This is intertwined with my decision to cease the hobby electronics business although I may try to market certain 1/10 scale parts and castings if there is any demand but only such things that I myself make in support of my own hobby.

As for my remaining stock of IBU products I will be holding the mother of all sales beginning next month, deep, DEEP ( really deep) discounts! Initially through my JCSA website, then via ebay for the remainder.

All the best.

Jerry