RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone running Reed motors in there boats ?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:59 PM
jd267
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well to tell you the truth only 75 of Trevor's cases were made one of them pushed a cat over 88mph with 26cc top end . I own three and working on number 4 . He stopped making them when he seen most did not want it around do to it being different and most don't have the money to spend and most just could not build a Reed motor to save there life's . Chris bartolone broke a record with a ts Reed Pum case and one of Bart's 26cc top ends . If you know Chris speak to him about if a Reed zenoah type motor is good in a boat . I for one find them awesome will killer top end . It won't beat a QD pioneer but it will run with any mod zenoah 26-32cc etc . I have two HT QD 25's with 1mm cranks and love them to death. My choice is Reed and QD . If you come across a ts Pum case buy it there worth $$$ to the correct person . If you own a piston port in the rc world your a joke lol. Reed induction is the must have in 5th scale . The boating industry is kind of stuck in primitive times compared to the 5th scale world if you ask me . I have nothing against piston port trust me when I tell you that . It's just funny when I here (the reeds will come apart in a marine application) that's just stupid . I have the same reeds in a engine (carbon fiber ) for the last four seasons with about 10 gallons on them . I flipped them once . The punishment the goped guys put them threw down hill forget it lmao . Those guys KILL those engines , push them way past there capabilities.