RCU Forums - View Single Post - The most beautiful O.S engines ever made
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
I never heard of the coke can muffler, but the Mousse can muffler is quite popular, and less fussy than a normal pipe. Some guys were using the long neck beer cans for pipes, but they were more for the monster motor 50CC and up. I will see if I can get the MCMuffler up.
The coke can mufflers are basically a Mousse can muffler. Same technique for making them that you use for the Mousse can mufflers. The gas engine people like to use the long neck beer cans too. For the last one that I made , I used a small size Old Spice body spray aluminum bottle so it would work on a 25 to 36 size engine. I also made a mini one for a 1/2a size engine too, where I used a little sample shaving creme aluminum bottle that I got from Walmart.

Now then around Christmas time Fry's Electronics sells the small 8 ounce souvenir aluminum long neck coke bottles that work great for some engines. They do make some larger 12 ounce sizes too. But I haven't seen the larger ones much though.

In this thread they show some different beer can mufflers too. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-...-mufflers.html They are not just for gas engines but work for glow engines too.

Last edited by earlwb; 01-16-2017 at 06:24 PM. Reason: add more information