RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby People going out of Business
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 04:18 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the words running together, I typed it in word and simply copied and pasted over to RCU, no reason for the glitch ??
One more point , the health food industry "sport supplements " is undergoing the same challenges. Retailers like GNC have boring stores, all private label , no real advantage vs the net and rotating part time staff with no real interest in the segment. Soon you will see less Better for you brick and mortar stores from the big guys unless they change and change fast. Obviously the challenges are different by segment but none the less it shows that with a trend in society to be healthier, its not a simple gold path to cash ! .
If the Hobby Industry was trending up , you still have to figure out how to capture the most foot traffic.

In the RC world we all know and many of us hate Drones , but marketing people know they have moved past fad to trend. Will they be evergreen ?? I doubt it , I would bet that the toyetic drones we see everywhere continue to decline and the only market that stays is high end and few toys. The key for the hobby shop is "how do I capture and keep that drone customer" how do I get them into cars, planes ect.