RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby People going out of Business
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 09:34 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ira d
Serpent RC in Florida is the new Airtronics dist the radio are now known as Sanwa.
This is great news. But being from Missouri you have to Show-me, and being the Forum Manager for way too long I don't trust rumors here in the forums until I can verify them myself. So I gave Serpent RC a call to verify this info first hand. Yes, they are indeed the new distributor for Sanwa branded radios in the US. They will no longer be branded Airtronics but will simply carry the Sanwa label that the rest of the world gets. Right now they are not a licensed repair facility for Sanwa but they are working towards becoming one. So for the time being what happens if you need repair on your Airtronics radio is that you send it to Serpent and they will ship it to Sanwa for repair. Not a perfect solution by any means, but at least it is a solution. Hopefully it won't be too long until they can be set up as a full Sanwa repair center and the radios can stay in the states for repair.

For anybody looking for their website here is the address:

http://www.serpentamerica.com

Also, if you want to give them a call their number is 1-305-677-3253. I spoke to Ricardo there about all of this and he was pretty excited about getting Sanwa in their stable.

Ken