RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Kadet Senior for first plane?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 07:48 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LXbuilder
Wow, that was creative thinking. Thanks for the tip.

If you are still reading this thread LXbuilder Here is another possible solution to the problems of transporting any Senior. This is another of mine that was given to me two maybe three years ago by a good friend that built this giant something over 25 year ago. Its a giant bash of the Senior with a wingspan of 122 inchs and a chord of 19.5 inchs I have no clue to the weight. The reason he gifted this airplane to me is he is getting on in years it was becoming much more of a chore to fly and transport and he knew I would keep it going. I get it on down to the my second club (float club) at the London Bridge at least twice a year and he gets to see her fly.

Its a pretty increditable airplane and has huge dedicated flaps and it simply the slowest flying senior I have ever seen.

Anyway back to the thing about break down for transportation even though that horrendous 122 inch single piece wing works in a trailer the tail section made things difficult this especially so on a float plane so his solution is to simply make the tail feather assembly removable with three 1/4 20 wing bolts. Removing two clevis and three bolts makes transport and storage much easier. All it really took was just a ply base plate under the stab.

He always called it the Bushwhacker Senior Grande so that's what I call it.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140408_103409.jpg
Views:	2816
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2197276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senior Cadet Grande.jpg
Views:	3071
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	2197277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senior Cadet Grande 1.jpg
Views:	2891