RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Hoosier Dawn Patrol
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 01:41 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DougB1
I want to say that having the HDP at the Wright Bros. site was nice and very informative but sure miss having the parking space for the truck,trailers and campers and almost endless flying area. I know the Ky group would love to see it back at the AMA site. So just throwing in our 2 cents worth.
I know you do. A couple voiced their opinion last summer. But take off time at the AMA site is 8 AM. The waiver I had to take off early was rescinded by the AMA. So, the early morning dawn patrols couldn't happen. 2 years ago, way more than half of the pilots said they would not attend if they couldn't fly at dawn. Thus , change the venue or end the HDP.
steve

There's a PS that goes with this. For 12 years, I have done the HDP alone. There is no club that backs me. So all the work and money has been mine. This has not been an issue, I love doing it. But, I am getting old, and the last 3 years, I have experienced some health issues that prevented me from doing the work necessary. A lot of stuff just happened or was done at last minute. I designed the event to run itself. Thankfully, several of you stepped in and saved the day. The New Castle club volunteered to host the event. They are not new to large events. They created the Indiana Warbird Campaign, and held it at New castle for many years. The 2016 HDP had some issues, ( mainly the weather), and we will work all that out. The support, expertise, and man power of the Wright Flyers will ensure the HDP survives me.
sp

Last edited by Steve Percifield; 01-21-2017 at 02:01 AM.