RCU Forums - View Single Post - Today's Fllight pack options.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Scota4570

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifer
I think we're dealing with convoluted terms. There is no way any current battery system would survive being charged at 50 times it rated capacity. A high discharge-rate battery simply means it is capable of releasing its energy at a fast rate, for a short period of time, and not getting damaged or overheating in the process. There is absolutely no risk in using a high "C" rated battery in the flight pack. You will never draw current anywhere near those capabilities. Higher "C" rated batteries are more expensive to produce, and that is why less exotic 5 or 10 "C" rated packs are typically recommended for radio system operation.

To the original poster: Research is always a good idea, but asking open-ended questions on these forums tend to bring out a lot of arm-chair quarterbacks that really need to separate opinion from knowledge.
Thanks

I've been checking my packs. I have eight packs. They are all junk. I bought the cells from the most prominent Chinese hobby dealer as cells. They look just like real A123 systems #26650, and were advertised as such, at about $14 a cell. I have very few cycles on the packs. I left them at full charge 3-years ago.

I suspect they are not the real deal. That is probably my answer to the "what happened to my batteries" Question. The genuine A123 Systems 26650 cells still seem to be still state of the art.

Thanks everybody. It was not my intention to start an argument.

Scot