RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-26-2017, 05:18 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

It is 6:45 AM I have been sitting here since 4:30AM as I write this and listen to the coyotes howling as if mourning the demise of our hobby as we know it. I know not which way our chosen hobby will travel and I do so miss visiting the hobbyshop and enjoying it's smell (fuel and modelling dope) and the comradery of fellow modelers. If it were not for the large balsa supply I have gathered I too would return to medium to small models and plan build only because the cost of kits is rising and arf's don't do anything for me. I have somewhat resigned my self to the on going changes but I don't like it.

Being on the downside of my life and fighting all the associated aches and pains I am trying to continue in the way of life I have chosen but it seems harder and more expensive every day. climbing the stairs to my shop is killing my knees and I am almost out of breath when I get to the door but the building will definitately continue.

Hang in there my friends the "fat lady ain't sung" yet

OH! have you noticed how popular drones have become? There isn't many stores that don't carry them, they are everywhere.