RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-26-2017, 07:10 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
It is 6:45 AM I have been sitting here since 4:30AM as I write this and listen to the coyotes howling as if mourning the demise of our hobby as we know it.
I didn't read it that way, I thought all were expressing their opinions, both good and bad, not all can be seen through rose colored glasses.

I know not which way our chosen hobby will travel and I do so miss visiting the hobbyshop and enjoying it's smell (fuel and modelling dope) and the comradery of fellow modelers. If it were not for the large balsa supply I have gathered I too would return to medium to small models and plan build only because the cost of kits is rising and arf's don't do anything for me. I have somewhat resigned my self to the on going changes but I don't like it.
ARF's are options and they have their place. That's the nice thing about the hobby, one can make the best to suit their situation. If I didn't keep repairing what I have, I wouldn't have 40 year old airplanes in my hangar, including a few old ARF's.

Being on the downside of my life and fighting all the associated aches and pains I am trying to continue in the way of life I have chosen but it seems harder and more expensive every day. climbing the stairs to my shop is killing my knees and I am almost out of breath when I get to the door but the building will definitely continue.
Have you read Amazon: Wheat Belly by William Davis, MD, Cardiologist; Amazon: Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, MD, Neurologist; Amazon: Dr. Grundy's Diet Evolution by Steven Grundy, MD, Cardiologist? When I follow their diet recommendations, the arthritis in my hands and elbows go away. When I stray, it returns. Modern processed grains, processed foods of all types and sugar are the culprits. Many fitness trainers are recommending now to stay off this stuff. Also, if I do at least an hour of cardio (bicycle riding, walking) 3 times a week, I'm not out of breath. There's nothing new under the sun.

Hang in there my friends the "fat lady ain't sung" yet. OH!
If I really want to get depressed, I read the lies in our mainstream media (you know, the 3 letter networks. ) You have heard, Your words were found, and I ate them; and your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart: for I am called by your name, LORD, God of Hosts (Jeremiah 15:16 NHEB). There is joy in reading the Good News first!

People these days are getting upset because they think that it is the politician's responsibility to heal our land, when it is a personal responsibility:
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land (II Chronicles 7:14 NHEB). There's no mention of politicians in that statement.

have you noticed how popular drones have become? There isn't many stores that don't carry them, they are everywhere.
It's a new fad, stabilization electronics makes drones ideal camera platforms and easy to fly helicopters. Most likely it will pass, like with all things.