RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

None of us are getting any younger. I have lost two fillings since Christmas and thought I had another filling come loose but while eating an orange yesterday, the entire lower part of the tooth broke away. Once I'd rescued the tooth from my mouth I found that it had two neat wire pegs fitted to it so it must have broken in the past and it must have been repaired by a dentist but I have no recollection of this! I must be getting old! Good job I made an appointment to see a local dentist on 24th January but she's so popular that she can't see me until late March. Meanwhile, I'm in no pain and have no problems eating. The dental receptionist told me to phone should I get tooth ache and they'd fit me in.

I am keeping up my afternoon walks and photographed some frozen streams yesterday. Sights such as these are unusual in England but I suspect common in the northern states and Canada. My friend's father is coming over in February to help her with the lambing and as he likes flying model aircraft I've offered offered to let him have a go on mine. On a buddy box initially to be sure! We'll all feel much better by then. As I write this, in the northern hemisphere it's the depths of winter, but once the lambs arrive, can Spring be far behind? Then we'll drag our winter creations out and go flying!

As for drones Donny, they're common here too and that has lead to a little local difficulty in the club. Drones are all sold with a Mode 2 transmitter and most Frenchmen are Mode 1. I am Mode 2 and a qualified instructor with the British Model Flying Association and while the club's president is happy for me to teach a man who tried to learn to fly in the past on Mode 2 but failed, he is determined to convert a younger man without that experience to Mode 1! I am quite happy to teach the young fellow using my equipment and my model and although my French isn't bad it is not good enough to conduct an argument with the president!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen Streams near Dun Le Palestel (3).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	2198378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen Streams near Dun Le Palestel.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2198379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen Streams near Dun Le Palestel (1).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	2198380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen Streams near Dun Le Palestel (2).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	2198381  

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 01-26-2017 at 11:21 PM.