RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-27-2017, 07:57 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
Long story more like a footnote, I for one enjoy the stories long or short, and pictures are a delight. got any more?

I concur with you about crowding out our wild life that is the primary reason I do not permit hunting on my property unless the animal presents a threat it is safe here. The coyotes and hawks keep the rabbit population at tolerable levels and all the creatures amuse me. that picture I posted of the coyote is one of many, I watched it for quite some time over several days as it ate the figs. It fastenates me to watch a coyote literly vanish in the grass as it moves along only a few get very large. my only negative response was to turn on the outside lights one night when one started howling beneath my window which is the way we run them off ....No more howling by the house!
My Cousin has been retired from Beechcraft for sometime and lives on the same farm his grandfather got in the landrun near Dover Oklahoma. He enjoys the sounds of the Cyotes at night and quite often to his delight he'll hear a Buck snorting outside the kitchen window when he gets up to make the coffee before sunup..