RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well i broke down and bought a savage!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 05:19 PM
69 GTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well i broke down and bought a savage!

I just got back home from breakin in the savage! I have to say i really like the suspension on this truck it seems very nice and handles alot better than i expected,it could use some fimer foam or tires but that will be adressed later in the hop ups that go on it. After 4 tanks of rich i started leaning it down,i ended up getting it down to about 2 3/4-2 7/8 turns out but it started gettin pretty cold out so i called it a day. I think it still can be tuned for power a bit more as the motor was never even to hot to hold on to(partly due to the cold weather?) i will still have to adjust the low end neddle because it has "decent"power off the line but deff. could be better(didnt have much time to tune after breakin in today though)

Over all i am happy with the savage and think that HPI did a good job designing it!
About the only "problem" if you can even call it that is after the first tank the brakes seemed to go away,it may just need adjusting but if not then a brake upgrade is a cheap hop-up. The motor runs good and i was very happy with the great idle that this motor has....seems like it will idle all day long.

All in all i am very happy with it and look forward to hoppin up and runnin the #!@#$ out of it!

MAXXOVERKILL