RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:26 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trainermaster80
Captcrunch44
yest the front end builds just like my dynaflite super decathlon. i saw your words you just offset the engine a little to compensate for the 2 degrees & 5 degrees down thrust.
but i am having trouble with the 2 degrees right thrust. how much is a little? as you said.
i have used the dynaflite manual instructions & the engine came way off from coming out the cowl center.
i must admit i am confused.
one modeler said hang by landing gear and slide the engine around till it fits. but with the DLE45ra if i had the plane built that far i could not reach the bolts to install the engine. my work bench is not that tall to do that anyhow.
i am looking for some of the offset centerline dimensions compared to the fuse firewall centerline. well i'll keep hacking at it. it shouldn't be that hard but right now i am confused.
thanks for your help frankie trainermaster 80
What I remember is that the tangent of 1 degree is 017, or about 1/64 (.0156). That means that for an angle of 1 degree, if you are at a distance of 1 inch, the distance across the short side of the triangle is 1/64 inch. So, for a 2 degree angle, 1 inch would equal 2/64 inch (1/32). If your cowl face is 4 inches from the firewall, the offset for 2 degrees angle would be 4 times 2/64 or 1/8 inch. So, for 2 degree right engine offset the engine mount hole grouping to mount the engine would be 1/8 inch offset to the right side (looking at the firewall) from the center of the firewall. Just multiply the distance you have from the firewall to the cowl face, by the angle offset you need, times 1/64 to get the hole grouping centers distance from the FW center. I hope this helps. Get back to me if I have not been clear on this. And look at it closely to make sure I have not gotten it screwed up. Good luck.

Sincerely, Richard