RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Captcrunch44

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceworm
What I remember is that the tangent of 1 degree is 017, or about 1/64 (.0156). That means that for an angle of 1 degree, if you are at a distance of 1 inch, the distance across the short side of the triangle is 1/64 inch. So, for a 2 degree angle, 1 inch would equal 2/64 inch (1/32). If your cowl face is 4 inches from the firewall, the offset for 2 degrees angle would be 4 times 2/64 or 1/8 inch. So, for 2 degree right engine offset the engine mount hole grouping to mount the engine would be 1/8 inch offset to the right side (looking at the firewall) from the center of the firewall. Just multiply the distance you have from the firewall to the cowl face, by the angle offset you need, times 1/64 to get the hole grouping centers distance from the FW center. I hope this helps. Get back to me if I have not been clear on this. And look at it closely to make sure I have not gotten it screwed up. Good luck.

Sincerely, Richard
Yes that sounds correct on most of my engines i put an 1/8 inch shim behind the left engine mount and compensate by sliding the engine over To the left as you sit in the cockpit. Two degrees isn't much. In the scheme of things