RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which radio to use with ibu2?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeZ
I don't know about that, but the easy solution is to buy the original FlySky 9x and not the Turnigy version sold by Hobby King.

The other advantage of the FlySky is they don't route the module antenna through the radio, which for some stupid reason Turnigy decided to do. On the Turnigy when you want to swap modules now you have to cut wires which throws a lot of people off and sort of negates the original concept of a "module."
Yep that was annoying. I made the modification to the module to have the antenna on it so I can swap modules. I did think that was a pretty cheesy thing for Turnigy to do. A few minutes with a soldering pencil and relocation of the antenna and it was history.

My first 9x had me soldering an interface for USB right on the motherboard ( I cut a small opening on the side for a plug) and installing a backlight for the LCD panel. The second 9x and I got smart and bought the SmartieParts interface... Every so often I need to smell flux... must have inherited that from my late dad..

Jerry