RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which radio to use with ibu2?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
I'd be curious how we can identify the fake chips in HK- Turnigy systems. I have two older 9x systems and one 9xr, all of them flashed with a modified er9x( the 9xr has a slightly different version) and while I'm leery in controlling an 80 pound gas 1/10 scale tank model with these systems I've not yet had a problem with my 1/16 models on IBU systems. My 1/10 models are still on my trusty old Futaba 8UAP systems on 2.4ghz. I do have a Horus system coming and that looks promising. I have a Taranis but have yet to use it much. I also have Spektrum 6 system and it's good; the i10 I have looks slippery difficult to get used to and seems sort of one_off_ish.

I don't use self centering sticks for throttle as I want all my systems to support all my models and a self centering stick on a gas model
won't cut it. All my systems are set to use left stick y-axis for throttle; x -axis for turning; right stick y- axis for maingun and x-axis for turret. other functions are spread over other controls as available.

Jerry
Hey Jerry,
Here is one of the initial reports of it, I'll have to look later but there was a post on the OpenTX University site about them as well. Pretty much you can't flash it if it is fake so if you have it flashed already you should be good.
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/3668