RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for someone with eagle tree gyro experience
Old 02-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Katman, my hookup and gain adjusting may be different than your. I use a JR 12X transmitter. The first thing you want to do is insert the supplied harness into the appropriate channels in the receiver. I did not use the AUX connector. The servos plug into the gyro into the designated ports. Plug the gain lead into an open port on the receiver. In my 12X I can assign an available switch, dial or slider to control that receiver channel that you plugged the gain into. Using an 8 channel receiver I put the gain into Aux 2 on the receiver and assigned the aux 2 switch to control that channel. I then adjusted Aux 2 travel adjust so all I get is gyro on which is switch up and no gyro action with the switch down. You always want a means to shut the gyro off in the event that things get out of hand in the air (gyro gain to high, gyro set up in reverse etc.). My gain is set with the dials on the gyro module. Test fly the plane with the gains at max and adjust the gain down with the gyro gain control dials if the plane gets into oscillation on any one of the axis. It's going to take several test flights to dial it in.