RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models .60 size P-51 Mustang--Petie 2nd version
Old 02-10-2017, 06:29 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new one with a dle20 but I bought it a couple of years ago and it didnt come with the electric retracts, but it does have the other updates. SpinnerRow is correct its definitely best to get the wrap around muffler with this engine - I thought you could use the standard muffler but it would be hard to fit in plus its much easier to run the ignition wires etc when the engine is fully inverted. Plus i figured out how to run a choke pushrod back through the side of the fuse so it comes out near the front of the canopy which makes it easy to operate and gets it away from the 16 inch prop. I use the radio to shut off the engine. The dle runs great. I cut my cowl just like SpinnerRow did for cooling.

By the way i replaced the stock retracts with Spring Air retracts which i had in my previous wm Petie 60 size mustang that i flew for around 1000 flights with a super tiger g90 engine before i broke it. I could have repaired it but I figured that with that many flights it made more sense to get the new one and go to the dle20 engine. The Spring Air retracts are still in great shape even after my sometimes mediocre landings .

Ed

Last edited by rc34074; 02-10-2017 at 06:43 AM.