RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Waltersons 1/24th Scale IR Battle Tanks!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:56 AM
PanzerCmdr

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I received the new 1/24 Waltersons Tiger this week from IMEX. I've been having fun with it the past few days. It's very nicely detailed, with lots of goodies, including a working headlamp and cool sound coming from the tank, instead of the transmitter, as the Waltersons 1/72's operate.

It's been breaking in nicely, at least indoors on carpet, with no thrown tracks and I love the prototypical slow tracking operation. You can get the Tiger going pretty fast, at least for a tank, but it sure looks cool just crawling along, rotating the target, looking for it's next victim.

About the only very minor issue so far was getting the commander's hatch up and rotated out of the way to install the included figure. It just took some patience and persistence of very slowing working the hatch back-and-forth and up with the fingers until it loosened-up and rotated over to the side of the hatch.

I love the paint scheme and it's been done quite well, with the charging night insignia on the turret. It even comes with a log to strap to the side of the tank so it'll look spot-on to the real thing. Since this Tiger operated on the Eastern Front, including the Winter, I may eventually put on Winter camo from the Vallejo Winter paint set I've had setting around. But for now, it looks sweeter and runs better than I anticipated. Thanks, IMEX!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20fb1ee6-abea-46fb-af29-5aae1902b981.jpg
Views:	2259
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2200465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiger_tank_number_312.jpg
Views:	2384
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	2200466