RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Do I Get Started?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 08:23 AM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Also be aware that, in my opinion, all of these tanks are "tinker toys" in that you will end up having to tinker with them a lot.

All 3 of my tanks that came with smokers quit smoking. The stock smokers are notoriously fickle and fragile.

2 of my tanks ended up with flaky airsoft guns. Seller replaced one of them. The other died too late.

My Sherman had a motor with a dead spot in it; seller replaced it.

Both my Jagdpanthers, metal and plastic, have a problem with the treads jumping the idler wheel. Heng Long tanks generally have no track tension adjustment so you have to do this by adding/removing links, which I have not bothered fiddling with - I just manually pull the tread teeth back into the groove in the wheel again when it jumps out.

Higher end tanks may not have these problems, I don't know. All I have are the "cheap" Heng Longs.

Honestly my best tank is my first one - a simple Heng Long Panzer III with no smoke and no sound. It's got first-generation electronics so it only has one speed, go fast and stop. But it's airsoft gun has never had a glitch and it will raise a welt if you shoot yourself with it. The problem with the P3 is it's road wheels are two-piece and it routinely sheds the outer hub. Tank keeps going find but you have to go hunt for your "hubcaps" in the grass. I just super-glued them on.

Steve