RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM FW D-9
Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 06:49 PM
zrooster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the video. Alibis: I had up elevator trim when a lot of down elevator trim was needed for level flight, so it lifted off early...hard to tell, because my cameraman was zoomed in too close...looks a bit more exciting than it should, but BL, lifted off a bit earlier than I normally would. For the landing, little late flare into a slight balloon...good salvage of a bad approach... I used half flaps, but didn't need them with the 5-7mph winds, she's definitely a floater...as you can see, final touch down was lightly on one main and then the other...was still flying well into the rollout.
The middle part is pretty boring...just trimming and feeling her out. The XYZ twin provided more than enough power...she flew well...level flight easily attained with about 1/3 throttle. CG was good...touch nose heavy, the way I like it. I added 44oz of lead to the nose...attached to the firewall and cowling. Left the gear down as I do for all my maidens...one less thing to go wrong. Got a few adjustments to make before the next flight, but VERY happy.

Look forward to the next flight...gear UP this time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZRzhL6fxg&feature=em-share_video_user

Last edited by zrooster; 02-14-2017 at 06:52 PM.