RCU Forums - View Single Post - If only one saw for scratch/plans building, BAND or SCROLL... which one to go with
Old 02-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Right wrong or indifferent everyone is entitled to an opinion. Isn't this a wonderful hobby where we can all find satisfaction in the methods and tools we use. What is ugly or inferior in one persons eyes is a work of art in another's. Too many get they're knickers in a bunch when others find a different form of construction or type of tooling more suitable and openly post the preference in opposition of the poster. In my years of enjoying this hobby I have gone from stick and tissue cut from raw plans to owning cnc equipment capable of the most intricate airfoils and shapes. I still enjoy stick and tissue building and equally well enjoy modern construction methods that are engineered for the lightest of weight yet stronger than methods that proceeded them. Tooling from simple hand tools to the latest cnc or laser cutting is an option for anyone if you look around. A well built model no mater what tools or equipment used in my opinion is a work of art. Too many of you get hung up on "My way is the only way." mentality.