RCU Forums - View Single Post - F104g 1:4 scale
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

The last ten days have been pretty exciting.

Same like front and rear fuselage section, middle part was the excellent engineering projected and designed. To be frank, this is most complicated part on model, but assembling was easy.

First, I compiled all to see in which order I glued parts.

I must order aluminum tubes for landing gear carrier, wing joiners, elevator tube and wing guide.
Damiano send me all dimensions, and after that I can order tubes. Some are squares, some rounded. Now all this tubes I offer like optionally parts in F 104 wooden kit.

Few ribs, where will be wing connection on fuselage, I made separately and later glued in center fuselage section.

Other part of fuselage middle section was made separately and at the end all was composed...

For front landing gears must be added two aluminum tubes 16 x 20 mm. Tubes are not glued for now...

For easier access, Damiano made cover that can be removed.

OK, now I have all fuselage parts, so next step was to put all together...

Model is 4,15 meter long!!!!!!!! Almost does not fit into the workshop. Crazy...

Parallel with this, I worked on tip tanks and start wings.

Tip tanks are boring job, because cover must be made from many narrow stripes. I think to made removable tip tanks for easier transportation.

Wings are very easy to create. First step was to made square "frame" for ribs "legs".

All sides and parts should be at right angles. I used aluminum tubes and triangles to made everything at an angle of 90 degrees...

For straight side - aluminum tube too...

Than 3 mm balsa plates, first on rear side, next on leading edge...

Same process will be made on other wing half...

Last edited by mirce; 02-22-2017 at 05:34 PM.