RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMT USA 280 Manual Needed
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 04:21 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
I am servicing a very early (roughly 2001) AMT USA 280 for a customer; we have no GSU or manual for this USA version ECU and we have been unable to figure out how to program the throttle limits into the ECU. I can start the engine by advancing throttle to full and obtain idle, but the engine shuts down as soon as throttle is reduced to idle. With no display for reference and nothing to reference regarding the Morse code beeps, I have not been able to figure out the programming.
Would anyone happen to have an older AMT USA manual that covers their ECU programming steps? ECU is Rev 5.1 with an RJ11 data terminal jack?.... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Todd
Todd,
I'l look and see if I can find one of my old AMT "manuals". I do recall that you have to "teach" the trim and throttle position on every powerup. Seems like you move the trim from low, to mid, to high and then throttle to high....waiting for a beep each time. Sometimes you have to do it two or three times in a row before it works right. It was one of the few ECU's that did an auto rpm advance for a few seconds on shutdown if you moved the trim to the mid position.

Maybe Buck will see this and remember better than me.

Craig