RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 1131BPU Receiver
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot2
Thanks for the replies. So is there anyway to add a regular switch or do I just need to plan on unplugging the batteries after a day of flying and using the electric switch between flights? It appears to be a solid system, just different from what I'm used to.
That will work fine unless you can't get at the battery connections. Any switches you put in between the batteries and the RXer are more potential failure points. Also, any switches you put between the batteries and the Rxer have to be rated to handle all the current that will pass thru them. The typical switch with JR connectors can't handle all the current for large planes. ElectroDynamics has some switches that are rated for high current. There are other suppliers out there also.

But, I just disconnect the batteries. I pull them out for charging anyway cause they are LiPos. Also, if you keep the batteries accessible, you can swap them out mid-day w/o having to stop flying while waiting for internally mounted batteries to charge.