RCU Forums - View Single Post - Starting New Project RCM Cessna T-50
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:43 AM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna T-50 Progress

I have spent the last few days studying the original plans from RCMS Cessna T-50. Thanks to Loud design and some of you others here, I decided to pretty much completely redesign this thing. I have been gathering information and also bought a plastic kit that I have been checking with calipers and mics and a scale converter for accuracy so I can take pictures of the vertical stabilizer, rudder and various other parts to import them into my cad for shape.. Someone suggested I scale the model, this is my first foray into drawing a plane. After checking at how exacting these newer plastic model kits are, I thought it a good idea to check one out for accuracy to use for outlines.

I take my hat off to the original drafter who drew this RCM model because the technology from 1964 and today is so different. I know what he did to draw this thing, but so far I have found so much out of scale, I have decided to redesign the model completely. I will still be able to use his plans to assemble and ideas for design. I just hope when I am finished it will fly a little better than a city bus.