RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 6 Woes
Thread: Alpha 6 Woes
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 01:36 PM
RAMMJETT

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello , I have been setting up my alpha 6 , and after upgrading the software (first thing you must do ) also make sure frame rate is 22ms (manual tells you 11ms but this will cause your servos to have fits, I have tried all brands of digital servos), While gyro compensation can be reversed quite easy manually by depressing the button until the light turns red / then push the button again as many time as needed to make the little green LED light up beside the channel needing reversal / hold the button and servo compensation will be reverse . then continue until you get the blue flashing light / from here cycle all the sticks and switches related to the gyro (all controls should be set to 100% throws or gyro may no accept commands) the light should at this point turn solid blue /push the button one more time and you are out of setup . The beta programmer has a few bugs ,I have found some times you must cycle the receiver power for the program to prompt you to accept the changes .Anyway that is what I have to add . What I am trying to setup myself is using separate channels for gain and mode select, seems regardless of what I do they seem to be mixed . example, changing gain in the gyro off position will cause the gyro to go into gain or head hold mode dependant on direction of gain travel . I would like to stop the gain from having an affect in the gyro off channel ??? if the trim was changed while the gyro was in the off position you would have a problem turning the gyro off if there was a problem. cheers Roger, Andy any thoughts.

Last edited by RAMMJETT; 02-27-2017 at 01:41 PM.