RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vanessa c.g. Rig: How to.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

OK, those pics help. I can see how the wrap of the lines can make a difference. Looks like there are eight ways the wrap can go, but ultimately its better either from in out, or out in. Mine go from the left to the right, but is unbalanced. You know what I mean. In to out or out to in makes for a more balanced hang. Also I have 7 wraps on each side, makes it harder to tweak the lines to get them to match. Yeah, tomorrow I don't have to work and I can get to it to play around with it, Think I have an even better idea how to use it correctly. Thanks ET.

That looks like a SPAD Debonair? I had one that I built the wing with no dihedral (flat. it was easier to build). I flew the heck out of it. Didn't have to be careful with that plane, was fun too. Wish I still had it, but eventually had to retire it to the landfill and the Thunder Tiger Pro .46 ended up in a Tower Razor. The engine was such a trooper that I wanted its next home to be something more than a SPAD. But SPADS can be a lot of fun

Thanks again.