RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-05-2017, 06:26 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Fisher
I used to mow my runway with a tractor and bush hog. The tractor would knock down the grass that would stand back up the next day. So I would mow it again the next day straddling the tracks. So all to gather it would take 4 hours to mow the runway. Two years ago the tractor broke down and I can't get parts to fix it. So I mowed it with the DR walk behind that took 6 hours and is a lot of walking. But it looked so good. Last summer I bought the Cub Cadet garden tractor. It would take 4 hours to mow with it but it dose a great job. Yesterday I got my two pull behind mowers. Now I can get an 11' cut. Should take about 1 and 1/2 hours to mow the whole thing. The Cub Cadet is rated at 25 HP and the mowers are 13 HP each thats 52 HP . Whoopee....

Until I read what you said It never dawned on me but I came to the same conclusion here, I used two riding mowers they cut better, it was fun cutting and prepping my strip.
The grass is cut here lately by my neighbor for hay so my tractor and bush hog get little use and I haven't used my runway in the past few years.

Joe your CUB is looking good I would enjoy cranking up the engine one of my favorite things to do.