RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 02:40 PM
aaroncmh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i maidened mine today and she flew really nice. The CG ended up a little more than 5.5" after I strapped batteries to the tube. I had them on the tray in front of the servos.

I was a little nervous like any first flight but wasn't sure what to expect with this one based on this thread. The runway was a bit soggy but she took off with a little right rudder. I think the moisture held her up a bit because it took longer than I expected to get in the air. I was holding full up elevator on my low rates and she took off almost straight up...prob not a scale take off for anything but an F-22.

I flew her around a bit and needed two click of up elevator and two of right aileron...not bad at all. I'm cruising around and my brother asks what's hanging off the back...it was the tail wheel hanging by the springs the screws ripped right out in takeoff.

The landing was nice even without a tail wheel and I didn't have much room today. I don't know that she floated just yet but I liked it. I'm looking forward to getting her up again.