RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy Electronic C.G. Balancer
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by t1callahan
After, some trial and error, i was able to get the Xicoy to CG the plan at nearly the same point as the GP balancer. they were within 2-3 MM of each other. Accurate measurement is key, and when my measurement was slightly off, it made the CG different by 1/4 inch. The Xicoy is actually probably more difficult to setup initially, but once the measurements are done, and your setup, it is much easier to move things around and figure out where the CG is.
Good deal. The more you do it the easier the set up is. Before using this I was using the Vanessa set up and it would take a while as you had to wait for everything to stop moving around. The thing is once the lines are drawn and the marks are made for the measurements you can take the plane off the scales to move it out of the way to take the measurements and key them in. Then just make sure everything was the way it was when you took the plane off and you are good to go. I like the idea you used with the framing square against the LE. I will try that on the next plane I balance. I have been using a plumb bob.

Moving things around while on the scales to reduce dead weight is cool. So I usually balance the plane before installing the RX battery and RX. If the servo tray has room to move I wait to put that in as well. then I do it again once everything is in.