RCU Forums - View Single Post - BEYOND DISAPPOINTED with my Redcat Blackout XTE
Old 03-15-2017, 04:07 PM
kywx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They say you get what you pay for, but my son has had much more fun and has gotten much more use out of the $60 big box store R/C vehicles than he has this Redcat Blackout XTE. What a piece of garbage this thing is.

First the truck stopped steering.

Then the next day it stopped going forward or backward.

So I got a new servo and receiver under warranty.

Then the steering arm (we call it a pitman arm in the real 4x4 world) still wouldn't work because the splines are all plastic, so of course it was stripped out.

So I spent more money and got yet another servo with metal gears, and an aluminum steering arm and ditched the "servo saver", which worked beautifully and eliminated all the steering issues.

Two weeks later the truck stopped turning on. Switch won't elicit any reaction whatsoever. I tested both of the batteries we have, both are putting out between 7 and 8 volts. So what the **** has happened now? ESC dead?

At this rate, this truck will be completely brand new again in another couple of weeks.

I could have spent this $180 on multiple big box store R/C vehicles and he'd have loved them for a few years. I thought by going with a hobby grade truck I was getting him an upgrade. Instead, I can count on my fingers how many times he's actually gotten to drive the truck since Christmas. Ridiculous.

I guess I'll clean the truck up and throw it on craigslist.