RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Fly Eagle Jets?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by u2fast
quote : mikes68charger

" I just moved to IL, 2 years ago, and got 4 more guys into jets that never even seen one fly. And you would not believe how many times they come to me and say, I don't get it, Why is FEJ almost 1/2 price, there stuff looks great. I then tell them there are certain jet shows you can not fly this brand at, and there all like so, im not into jets to impress others, just have fun at my field. And I think that is what most people on this site forget about. Im going to FL jets next week, my first time, and Im excited but I know unless you are in the (Crew) you treaded like an outsider no matter what brand of jet you have. "

i find it interesting that you said you have never been to florida jets, but you already know that you will be "treaded" (treated) like an outsider. how would you know that?
I think there is a general misconception that because folks arrive at FJ in "groups" and RV's, and hang out in their tents, that they are some sort of a social elite club, when in reality most are every day modelers who happen to be very cool people and are very approachable. And Florida is so Fkn far, that it makes sense to travel in "groups" and carry your own pose, and rent or stay in a nice RV.

Just my perception.