RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Mtgs - Now governed by Robert's Rules = accountability & transparency
Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Franklin , this is VERY well stated indeed !

Remember , those who wail the loudest about a solution to a problem , usually ARE a part of the very problem the solution seeks to rectify ....
Yeah, I suspect the AMA isn't too happy with me now; but I could give a rat's a**. They have an obligation, both to their members to follow the rules they set for themselves. We're paying a lot of money for the people in Muncie, and thus we have every right to demand a higher level of performance. Yet the ED, past President, and the EC seem willing to tolerate mediocrity. I guess that explains a lot of why we're seeing declines in open adult memberships, declines in senior memberships, and why the conversion rate among those free youth memberships is "extremely low."

And yet with this clear revenue hit coming (two high dollar membership categories are down), I can't fathom why they're even contemplating an indoor facility. The up front costs are bad enough, but it's a big regular recurring cost to heat and cool a big space like that.