RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Mtgs - Now governed by Robert's Rules = accountability & transparency
Old 03-17-2017, 08:07 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm with you , I really don't care if the AMA EC decries the call for transparency , it is all of our money , each and every member's , and for that money we deserve the common courtesy of knowing exactly where it's all spent , and also the basis for all decisions made regarding that spending . Maybe I'm old fashioned but I really can't see where any AMA action from paying the smallest daily expenses to making the biggest plans for our future are actions that must be conducted in secret . We are dealing with no "National Security" issues here and there are no foreign spies doggedly determined to crack the AMA's "secrets" , it's just us members being kept in the dark about what should be 100% open and available , and with such a vacuum of information it's very easy for suspicions to take hold .

In other words , if they truly ARE always 100% working for us member's best interests , why would they or anyone else want them to do a portion of OUR business in secret ?

PS , as to the building & expanding when the membership base is shrinking , two things come to mind ;

Nero fiddling while Rome burned and the rearrangement of deck chairs on the Titanic .........