RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where Have All The Kits Gone ?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Sorry Flyer the cybernetics will not allow me to edit the above post, what I meant to say was that the Pound Sterling is currently worth $1.24US and the Euro is worth $1.07, alternatively $1 is worth £0.81 or 0.93€. I am currently paying 431€ per month to rent this place. Once I'm installed in the new premises I will be able to live pretty frugally.

When I first looked at the house, there was a little white Peugeot 205 diesel in the cellar; it hadn't moved for three years. As a joke I asked the previous owners to leave the car and I would restore it. Bless them they have left it! I inspected the house last night with my shepherdess friend Ruth. She found the ignition key and after a few turns the old girl rattled in to life! It's done nearly 400,000kms which probably accounts for the can of oil and container of water in the boot! Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the "carte grise" or logbook to the British, title to Americans but I'm sure there will be a way around this. I started it up myself this afternoon and managed to drive it a few feet forwards and backwards in the garage so the clutch and at least two of the gears work. It's fairly scruffy and the steering feels a bit loose but if I can get it legal it'll be an economical little runabout. When it was new it was quite a well appointed little car, electric windows and all.

Intriguingly there is a large wood burning stove in the house which was made in Louisiana. I forgot to record the name of the manufacturer, King-something. Firewood is available in three sizes over here, 20cms, 30cms or 50cms. This stove will easily accommodate the largest size.