RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Mtgs - Now governed by Robert's Rules = accountability & transparency
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Bottom line here is we all want the organization to survive. If that means changing from the "good old boys" way of doing things so be it. Like Franklin says "governance processes more suited to a local bake sale than to an organization handling millions of dollars in assets". This has to change now . I wish more AMA members actually got involved in what going on instead of the " the club requires it that's why I am a member".

Mike
Mike & Others,

Thanks Mike. What scares me is how AMA responds when you ask them hard questions. Going back to asking for a copy of the presentation. Asked for a copy, didn't even get the courtesy of a response. Asked for a copy of the EC meeting rules, not even the courtesy of a response. Just a few days ago I asked about building the indoor site, not even the courtesy of a response. And just yesterday asked the new President for a copy of the presentation, as of today not even the courtesy of a response.

If the organization is as pure and noble as they say, why the need for silence? I know why. Because if they respond, then you can be assured they received your question. By not answering at all, they maintain plausible deniability. But again, if they're so pure and noble, why the need for deniability?

I'm sure if I was a go along to get along member, they'd be more than happy to chat. But depart from the party line, and all you get is silence.