RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Mtgs - Now governed by Robert's Rules = accountability & transparency
Old 03-17-2017, 05:21 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Hadn't considered that, but it would be another way to game the math. Namely pick the month where renewals are highest and those who have yet to NOT renew haven't hit that date yet.
Hi Franklin ,

I really do hate to sound so dour , but I do believe in the future years to come the AMA will become a shadow of it's former self , for the very reason that as we old timers die off there is no "new blood" coming up to replace us , as would be needed for any organization to prosper into the future . We as model airplane folks saw the benefit of belonging to such an organization but the newest and fastest growing segment of the RC flying hobby doesn't seem to want to be a part of such an organization . Sure , the AMA should be appealing to folks if they want those people to join , but what if most of the people just don't want to belong to such a club , will any amount of enticement compel them to join ?

I'm not quite sure (beyond honesty , transparency , and maybe a regional site or two) what the AMA would need to offer before the average non AMA flyer would be interested ? At any rate the declining membership over the years as there has been an explosion of RC flying machines sold surely means that somehow the "target audience" is being missed , if there is even a target audience to be courted ?