RCU Forums - View Single Post - Georgetown TX Club 40, March 18, 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 06:24 AM
Oldbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the result of the Georgetown race. First let me say thanksto the workers that helped make our event a success, and to Gary Fisher and hiswife Maria for the excellent food they prepared for us. This was one of thebest races we have had at our field in a long time. The weather was as good asit gets with a light wind straight down the runway. And after six rounds andthe A, B & C mains there were no midair encounters. One plane had a radiomalfunction and one plane hit pylon one in the A main trying to fly tight. One ofour old time buddies is back into the Club 40 circuit, Eric DeSardi; he was alittle rusty but with some stick time he’ll be to his old self.
For me the bummer for the day was the mistake I made byhanding out the Fast Time trophy to Ken Hopson. I should have given it to JimPlake, Jim had a time of 1:26.62 and Ken’s best time was 1:27.91. I will blame theerror on having a senior moment and being pooped by the end of the day. Jim andKen I apologize, I did not realize the error until after I got home and reviewedthe results sheet to prepare this write up.
A thank you goes to all the pilots for flying safely andresolving issues at the line. It made my job much easier.
RESULTS:
1.Gary Fisher1:30.41
2.Jerry Hellums1:29.49
3.Jim Plake1:26.62**
4.Steve Fabianke1:32.10
5.Jeff Large1:31.0
6.Ken Hopson1:27.91
7.Randy Kendzior1:29.50
8.Steve Blackwell1:32.85
9.Eric DEsardi1:41.56
** Fast time