RCU Forums - View Single Post - post style control horn set up
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 07:54 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are kind of right Jester. When I read that post by Jaka I almost sprayed my wine all over my keyboard. I honestly thought it was a joke. Jester, you are correct in that the longest servo arm and long control horn will give you the most slop free setup in regards to any play in the linkage. A 1 to 1 ratio will always give you the same control surface throw, but with more pushrod travel any linkage play will be minimized. Jaka is completely wrong in his statement that a shorter servo arm will help in any way. Any geartrain slop will present itself in servo horn movement. A 5 degree movement in geartrain slop will be a 5 degree movement in the servo horn, which will be a 5 degree movement in control surface movement, Period. The short servo horn will only hurt you in that any pushrod play which will be amplified with reduced pushrod movement for any given control surface throw. Always use the longest servo horn possible, and adjust the control surface throw mechanically at the control horn. The only way to get rid of control surface movement due to geartrain slop in the servo is to replace the servo with a quality servo with no play in it.

Scott