RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pork Chop
Geez Dave all that for $75? Some guys have all the luck!
First time EVER that I run into such a deal - and he only advertised the plane, not the engine or radio. I understood $75 for the plane only and thought that was a great deal.

PSB - I've heard from a couple sources that the Midstar is actually the better performer, so I've got a pretty good heads-up on that score. Actually, even my Midstar doesn't hold air/maneuvers as well as my CG Sr Falcon (both powered by OS.46AX's) - but she IS a bit faster than the Falcon (less drag, much less weight than the Falcon). I'm figuring that if I build her light enough (and strong enough at the same time) she'll do just fine with the same set-up as the Falcon. Radio does have mixing capability - flaperons working in both directions (looking forward to those outside loops with that set-up), links between flaps & elevators and between rudder & ailerons, plus the high/low capability of nearly everything.

My only issue with the Midstar, EVER, is that the elevator simply can't hold onto the air as well as the Falcon's does. You get into a tight enough horizontal figure-8 with the Midstar and the elevator simply stalls out after the 3rd circuit and you lose the turn. The Falcon's elevator has never done that. Pretty much expecting the same thing with the 4*, hoping not to see it though. Doesn't really matter much though - I've had so much fun with the other two planes, for so long, I'm looking forward to seeing the new girl join the fleet.