RCU Forums - View Single Post - Robart Electric Retracts Update
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the size of the plane you are useing , if you are content with useing electric power retracts reach out to Thomas as VQ. Many of use are useing the VQ retracts , less expensive and reliable.
On 60 and under size planes we use the FMS retracts and they are great and only getting better.
Many of these retracts were deigned for foam epo planes but have now proven to withstand the test of time in wood models.
VQ on the other hand has proven very reliable in the 15lbs to 19lbs line of new warbird from JB Hobbies that will now be sold by VQ in Texas.
I have personally followed the Robart and CJ attempt to be in the electric retracts business for over 5 years.
I see the same thing all the time, big promises, little on delivery and big big cost !
Personally my conclusion is if you want Air Retracts buy Sierra and if you want electric buy your options are inexpensive FMS for 60 size and under, VQ for 60 thru 55 cc gas and for the person who really needs an elite set of epower for 20lbs plus use Electron Retracts ( the best in the business ) .
The rest of the name brands Robart, CJ and the has beens are not reliable , over priced and nothing but problems !!!!!