RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:19 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just about satisfied with the rudder/stab installation. Pictures soon. Based on my Posts 2036-28 on page 82, I have to modify the rudder installation in order to accept the torque tube to be installed between the two elevator halves and the elevator servo connecting arrow shaft coming out of the fuse. Also. with my trying to copy the support pieces installed in the full scale rudder fin to strengthen it, (see Post 2425), the sides of the rudder fins appear to be a bit wider then required and will need to be reduced in size. The opening in the rudder where the elevator torque tube appears on the full scale is not quite located in the correct place on the models' rudder (black) elevator servo arrow coming out of the fuse. Will need more adjustments. The slit for the horizontal stab was hogged out enough to get the horizontal stab trailing edge closer to the rear of the fuse and to support the 1/4" rudder support. Shirley just called for lunch, will head to shop after lunch to take pictures. Chic

Last edited by redtail; 03-22-2017 at 11:20 AM.